I was struggling with the iOS launch images. The easiest way I found was to not use image assets, or the launch image file. Just put these images under Resources in your project in XCode and iOS will find them.
- Default.png (iPhone)
- Default@2x.png (iPhone Retina 3.5 inch)
- Default@3x.png (iPhone 6 Plus landscape)
- Defaultfirstname.lastname@example.org (iPhone Retina 4 inch)
- Defaultemail@example.com (iPhone 6 portrait)
- Defaultfirstname.lastname@example.org (iPhone 6 Plus portrait)
- Default-Portrait.png (iPad in portrait orientation)
- Default-Portrait@2x.png (iPad Retina in portrait orientation)
- Default-Portrait@3x.png (iPhone 6 Plus portrait)
- Default-Landscape.png (iPad in landscape orientation)
- Default-Landscape@2x.png (iPad Retina in landscape orientation)
Oh my god, such a trivial thing.. why did Apple make it so difficult??